Student Involvement in University Decision-Making

Before getting started with this week’s issue, I want to thank you all for the incredible response to our differential tuition video we sent out a couple weeks ago. I received many personal emails with your stories and our lobbying efforts have been more effective as a result. If you want to give any more feedback, use our form here and stay tuned for presentations and forums throughout the following weeks and months.

This week, I’d like to update you all on an issue of extreme importance to the student body here at the University of Washington: student involvement in decision-making.

Check out our video dedicated to the topic this week by clicking the picture below, or clicking here to view it.

For the past year, ASUW and GPSS have been working with the newly formed Provost’s Advisory Committee for Students to channel students voices directly to the decision makers on campus. We have discovered the need to expand these opportunities locally, into individual academic units. We are working on creating Student College Councils that will be student-led and driven and provide direct input to Deans and other decision makers.

If you are interested in being involved in this project or want to help start a Council in your college, let us know! Feel free to email me back or send a message to asuw@uw.edu

Thanks for tuning in this week and, as always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Until next time,

Evan Smith
ASUW President, 2012-2013
Michael Kutz

About Michael Kutz

ASUW President
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>