Week 5 – Week 8 (Safety)

Attention Huskies!

I hope these few weeks have been as productive and stress free for you, as it has been for me!

“Quote of the Week”

“You cannot get struck by lightning if you do not stand in the rain” – Jeffrey Stein

Positive Tip of the Week

Feeling Stressed?

Take the time to get away from your daily routine to get your body moving. Do not forget to exercise. Research has shown that MOTION DRIVES EMOTION! So be sure to take 30 minutes to an hour to get your blood moving all around your body. I can guarantee you will start feeling ten times better!

What Have I Been Doing? 

• Safety!  

Safety for all student is a priority. I serve as the chair for the Committee on Student Safety and we a group of students from diverse communities across campus dedicated to improving safety on and off campus. My current main focus is improving light on campus. Research has shown that LIGHT DETERS CRIME. I took a walk around campus one late night (6:00pm) and noticed that the amber lights are not as well lit as the LED lights. So I am working diligently to make change ALL the amber lights on campus to LED lights.

LED Light > Standard Amber Light

RSO Mixer! 

This campus is home to over 700+ Registered Student Organizations. I remember as a Husky Pup freshman I found it very hard to navigate which organization I wanted to join. So I am working on creating a RSO Mixer so the various RSO’s can get together on campus. Promote anything they want and this will promote community bonding and SYNERGY!

Constituents Corner!

Feel free to send me information on anything you need help promoting to ASUWBDCR@UW.EDU

Hey Huskies!!

For those of you that don’t know, the One Thing Challenge (a competition between us and WSU) is almost over!! If you haven’t taken the survey, please do so NOW: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/rlintern/182027. The survey will close tomorrow at midnight! The current score is WSU: 744, UW: 735. It’s been 4 years since we won, and we are so close! We need your help! If you all do it, and get your friends to, this could be the year we win! Thank you!”

Kshitija Madhira
SEED Director of Communication
(502) 294-6022
seedcomm@hfs.washington.edu
Poplar 104A
“Come Grow with us!”

About Tyler Wu

What's up everyone! My name is Tyler Wu and I am your 2014-2015 Director of Community Relations. I am looking forward to an exciting year, and if you have questions please feel free to contact me at asuwbdcr@uw.edu!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>